Minuteman Senior Services, a Massachusetts Aging Services Access Point (ASAP) serving 16 communities, seeks an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team of nurses.
Reporting to our Nurse Manager, the RN is responsible for performing the duties required by both the Clinical Assessment and Eligibility (CAE) and Comprehensive Screening and Service Model (CSSM) contract with MassHealth and the duties required by the MA State Home Care Programs. The RN needs to be knowledgeable about the programs and services available to consumers throughout the 16 communities in the Minuteman Senior Services catchment area. The RN participates in interdisciplinary meetings with community service providers to include care managers, nursing home staff, physicians, nurses and therapists from home health agencies, hospice providers, nutritionists, housing managers, mental health professionals, and other community home and health care professionals. This is a 24 hours per week position. Normal shedule is Tuesday - Friday (6 hours per day).
- Review referrals provided by Care Managers for each consumer determined to be in need of home care services, participate in Case Interdisciplinary Reviews, and consultations with Care Managers as needed.
- Conduct initial home visits to assess and develop the personal care plan.
- Provide yearly reassessments as deemed appropriate by state guidelines and interdisciplinary conference.
- Serve as a consultant to our Protective Services program on health-related issues.
- Provide pre-admission screening of Medicaid consumers seeking long-term care services with the consideration of a community-based alternative plan which may require an in-home assessment.
- Track consumers who have been deemed ineligible for nursing home placement either due to alternative community services or not meeting the Medicaid regulations for long-term nursing home placement.
- Process cases of all screening requests according to MassHealth and EOEA provisions.
- Provide on-site meetings at skilled nursing facilities to meet the requirements of the Comprehensive Service and Screening Model (CSSM) and the Long-Term Care Options program for possible discharge and ASAP service coordination.
- Assist with provision of health care related in-service training to ASAP personnel.
- Assess consumers for clinical assessment and eligibility (CAE) for all MassHealth and State Home Care Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred; Massachusetts license as a Registered Nurse required;
- 3+ years clinical experience, one of which must be in community nursing, or an additional 2+ years of community or long-term care experience if nurse does not possess a Bachelor’s degree;
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to enable travel for home visits and to area nursing homes on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to complete the Alzheimer's Association training in Habilitation Therapy within the first year of employment.
- Experience inputting notes into a complex data base (SIMS) is helpful.
We provide a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision insurance, vacation, 11 paid holidays (plus your birthday), sick time, short and long term disability, life insurance along with the benefit of a flexible work schedule, some telecommuting, and working with a great team of colleagues.