The Business Systems Analyst is a strategic thinker who will ensure the streamlined operation of the Information Technology (IT) Department in alignment with the business objectives of Minuteman Senior Services (MSS) on an ongoing basis by leading the transformation of the IT infrastructure to meet these needs. This is a business operations role with an understanding of technology as a secondary requirement.
The Business Systems Analyst, in collaboration with members of Senior Management, will analyze, define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. He or she designs, directs and coordinates IT-related activities of the agency, as well as provides administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Department. The incumbent works closely with decision makers in other departments as well as managing outside technology partnerships in help desk, managed services, telephony, and cloud services and is able to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Lead the IT Department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. This includes:
- Assist and lead transforming current infrastructure from on premise to cloud-based services
- Recommend future solutions and/or partnerships that will align technology to MSS business objectives
- Solve technology problems as they arise and communicate with staff, department, and executive leadership.
- Ensure the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems including but not limited to telecommunication, PCs and lap tops, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, and Office Automation equipment.
- Manage outside technology partnerships in help desk, managed services, telephony, and cloud services.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems both cloud based and on site.
- Oversee provision of end-user services including outsourced help desk and technical support services.
- Engage with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementation.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Lead the development and implementation of all IT policies and procedures including those for architecture, security, HIPAA and HITECH compliance, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations & Quality Assurance, negotiate and administer vendor, outsourced service providers, service agreements and consultant contracts.
- Ensure asset management of IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with MSS leadership and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Serve as the agency’s Security Officer
- Supervise the Applications Support Specialist.
- Communication: Listens, speaks, and writes clearly and concisely. Ensures that others involved are kept informed about developments and plans. Ensures that important information is shared with employees and others as appropriate. Shares ideas and information with others who might find them useful. Keeps his/her manager informed about progress and problems.
- Problem Solving, Critical Thinking and Analysis: Anticipates problems; sees how the problem and its solution will affect others; gathers information before making decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies manager of problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Capacity: Demonstrates knowledge of equipment, procedures and materials; applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- Project Management: Understands the technical language of the position; uses technical knowledge or skills and technical materials to manage and complete related projects; understands the impact of a project directly to and across various functions and overall business; understands project and organizational dependencies.
- Teamwork: Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; able to work well with internal and external staff, co-workers, peers, and managers; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships; when appropriate, facilitates discussion before decision-making process is complete.
- While this position is generally sedentary, it requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds when moving and/or installing equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in computer science or related field of study.
- Previous health care IT experience is essential.
- HIPAA/HITECH knowledge is a part of daily thinking.
- Previous non-profit experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a combination of desktop support, project management, and/or network administration.
- Technical knowledge and experience of Office 365 administration.
- Experience managing outside technology partnerships in help desk, managed services, telephony, and cloud services.
- Experience with configuring routers, firewalls, wireless networking, printers and desktop/mobile computing devices.
- Knowledge/experience with using Mobile Device Management tools
- Experience performing IT audits of vendor or partner work including vulnerability test, intrusion detection/prevention, disk encryption, network performance and security configurations
- Experience administering Active Directory, Group Policy, Network Security in Microsoft environments
- Familiarity with end-point security, monitoring, and management at all levels
- Experience automating and creating procedures for managing, reporting IT policies
- Ability to manage 3 or more resources – mentoring senior/junior resource a plus
- Ability to think and act like a company IT security officer
Required TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Microsoft Server 2012 and above
- Microsoft Network Configuration, Settings, Domain Controllers
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365
- Exchange Server
- Mobile Device Management
- SonicWall, Routers, Switches, and Wireless Networking
- PowerShell Scripts a plus
About Minuteman Senior Services
Founded in 1976, Minuteman Senior Services has been providing services to assist elders and disabled adults to maintain their independence and dignity in the setting of their choice - most often their own homes and communities. Our staff supports caregivers, local and long distance, who want to do the right thing for their loved ones and need help and advice as they balance the competing demands of family, work and self.
We offer over 20 programs and services and are continually innovating, improving and expanding in new and better ways. Our consumers give us very high marks as do our professional colleagues and that is very important to us. With over 130 employees, 500+ volunteers and over 70 subcontracted service providers that make up our vendor network, we bring a lot of expertise, experience and resources to the people we serve. Our service area is made up of 16 communities including Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Boxboro, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Wilmington Winchester, and Woburn.
As a non-profit organization we are passionate about our mission to help our consumers and their families face the challenges of aging and caregiving. We help them make informed decisions and get easy access to the help needed that fits within their means. Many of our services are free of charge; others are available on a sliding fee or private pay basis.
We want people to know us before they need us!